The new trend of video-games that use toy figures to access characters and unlock levels has become very popular with families. We get a lot of questions around these titles ranging from technical queries about what equipment you need to play them to advice on which figures to buy.
In this post we will take an objective look at the facts around two upcoming games Skylanders Swap Force and Disney Infinity.
Fact 1: How many toy figures are there to buy?
- Skylanders Swap Force: 56 (16 Swap Force, 16 Core, 16 Series 3, 8 Light-core)
- Disney Infinity: 40 (17 figures, 3 play-sets, 20 power discs)
Fact 2: How many people can play the game at the same time?
- Skylanders Swap Force: Local Two-Player Shared Screen.
- Disney Infinity: Local Two-Player Split Screen, Four Player Online.
Fact 3: What different game modes to the games offer?
- Skylanders Swap Force: Campaign Co-op and Player vs. Player modes.
- Disney Infinity: Play-set Campaigns and Toy Box creation mode.
Fact 4: What is new or unique in this year’s game?
- Skylanders Swap Force: Mix and match Swap Force figures offer over 250 character combinations.
- Disney Infinity: You can create your own games in its Toy Box creation mode.
Fact 5: What do I need to play the game?
- Skylanders Swap Force: Starter Pack provides everything you need, you can’t use last year’s Portal. You can then optionally purchase additional figures.
- Disney Infinity: Starter Pack provides everything you need. You can then optionally purchase additional figures, play-sets and power discs.
Fact 6: Which platforms is it available on?
- Skylanders Swap Force: 360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, 3DS, PC, iOS
- Disney Infinity: 360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, 3DS, PC, Mobile
For more information here are two developer interviews for each game: