Win Rocksmith 2014: Learn Real Guitar
Hear about a video-game that uses an instrument to control it and you probably imagine a simplified plastic version with buttons rather than strings. However, Rocksmith uses a real guitar to play the game and in so doing teaches players how to play.
The game detects the notes that are being played with the guitar and adjust the difficulty to match the ability of the player. As you progress it moves you from plucking the odd note to playing chords and complex guitar techniques.
As you can see in the video, combine this with some lessons and you have the perfect recipe for learning an instrument. Also, in my household, we don’t have to pester our son to practice. In fact it’s quite the reverse — he pesters us.
We have one copy of the game and a high end guitar to give away to one lucky reader (and a bonus copy of Shape Up the fitness game). What better way to kick off the new year as you mean to go on:
- G400 Vintage Worn Cherry Epiphone Guitar (RRP £229.00)
- Rocksmith 2014 (PS4 or Xbox One) (Approx RRP £49.99)
- Shape Up on Xbox One (Approx RRP £39.99)
To enter simply perform one of the following:
- Follow @AskAboutGames on twitter.
- Leave a comment on this post stating the song you’d like to learn to play.
- Comment on the video stating the song you’d like to learn to play.
You must be 18 or over to enter and winners will be chosen at random and announced via Twitter at the end of the month.